Tuesday, June 17, 2008

PersonalBrain 4 - free mind mapping software

Today I thought I'd share with you quickly a terrific piece of free software both for Mac OS and Windows.  It is called PersonalBrain 4 and is free.  I've been using this software for about a month on both platforms and am very impressed with how well it works, how easy and flexible it is, and how easily you can navigate and search.

The basics of it is creating thoughts and then attaching other thoughts as you see them related.  A great feature is that you can attach many things from your computer such as: files, emails, application shortcuts, web site addresses by dragging and dropping them onto a 'thought'.  

I encourage all of you to try this great piece of software as it is so flexible and open-ended for you to store information and very quickly find it.  I use both for personal and work things in my life I want to remember or keep track of.

No comments: